I have tried to explain in brief the part 10 of the Indian Constitution in this Article.
The part contains Art.244 and Art.244A of the constitution.
The Art.144 states
” 244. Administration of Scheduled Areas and Tribal Areas
(1) The provisions of the Fifth Schedule shall apply to the administration and control of the Scheduled Areas and Scheduled Tribes in any State other than the States of Assam Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram.
This Article says that the 5th schedule applies to the administration and control of the scheduled areas in the states of Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram.
The Art.244A states” 244A. Formation of an autonomous State comprising certain tribal areas in Assam and creation of local Legislature or Council of Ministers or both therefor
(1) Notwithstanding anything in this Constitution, Parliament may, by law, form within the State of Assam an autonomous State comprising (whether wholly or in part) all or any of the tribal areas specified in Part I of the table appended to paragraph 20 of the Sixth Schedule and create therefor
(a) a body, whether elected or partly nominated and partly elected, to function as a Legislature for the autonomous State, or
(b) a Council of Ministers, or both with such constitution, powers and functions, in each case, as may be specified in the law
(2) Any such law as is referred to in clause ( 1 ) may, in particular,
(a) specify the matters enumerated in the State List or the Concurrent List with respect to which the legislature of the autonomous State shall have power to make laws for the whole or any part thereof, whether to the exclusion of the Legislature of the State of Assam or otherwise;
(b) define the matters with respect to which the executive power of the autonomous State shall extend;
(c) provide that any tax levied by the State of Assam shall be assigned to the autonomous State in so far as the proceeds thereof are attributable to the autonomous State;
(d) provide that any reference to a State in any article of this Constitution shall be construed as including a reference to the autonomous State; and
(e) make such supplemental, incidental and consequential provisions as may be deemed necessary
(3) An amendment of any such law as aforesaid in so far as such amendment relates to any of the matters specified in sub clause (a) or sub clause (b) of clause ( 2 ) shall have no effect unless the amendment is passed in each House of Parliament by not less than two thirds of the members present and voting
(4) Any such law as is referred to in this article shall not be deemed to be an amendment of this Constitution for the purposes of Article 368 notwithstanding that it contains any provision which amends or has the effect of amending this Constitution PART XI RELATIONS BETWEEN THE UNION AND THE STATES CHAPTER I LEGISLATIVE RELATIONS Distribution of Legislative Powers.”
This Art. talks about the formation of an autonomous state comprising certain tribal areas in the state of Assam and creation of local legislature or council of ministers. This is made by the making of law by the parliament for the same.
 Substituted for “the state of Assam” by the north east areas (Recognition) act,1971(81 of 1971) and
 Substituted for “and Meghalaya by the 49th amendment act.
 Substituted for “union territory of Mizoram for the Mizoram act, 1968.